What We Do
SENDIASS North Yorkshire offer:
- A free, confidential and impartial service, provided at arm’s length from the local authority
- Information and advice on special educational needs and disability (SEND) policy, process and law, which is provided by SENDIASS Coordinators who have received legal training
- Information and advice on the statutory processes relating to special educational needs and Education Health, and Care (EHC) needs assessment and plans
- Practical information and advice to help you find the answers to your questions in relation to education, health and social care services for children and young people with special educational needs.
How We Can help?
We can help by:
- Listening to your views and concerns
- Helping you feel more confident to express your views
- Explaining your options, rights and responsibilities
- Helping you prepare for meetings and/or on some occasions attending meetings with you if we feel it is needed
- Advice on writing reports, letters and other relevant paperwork
- Answering your questions about special educational needs and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Providing advice and information on an EHC needs assessment or annual review
- Supporting to resolve disagreements
- Signposting to other professionals and organisations that may be able to help you.