What We Do
Watch the short video below to find out more about what we do at Sendiass North Yorkshire!
- A free, confidential and impartial service, provided at arm’s length from the local authority
- Information, advice and support relating to special educational needs and disability (SEND) provided by professionally trained Advisers
- Support through the statutory processes relating to Educational Needs and Education Health, and Care (EHC) needs assessment and planning
- Practical support to find the answers to your questions in relation to education, health and social care services.
How We Can help?
We can help by:
- Listening to your views and concerns
- Helping you feel more confident to express your views
- Explaining your options, rights and responsibilities
- Helping prepare for meetings and/or attending meetings with you
- Helping with writing reports, letters and other relevant paperwork
- Answering your questions about Educational Needs and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Supporting you through a needs assessment or review
- Supporting to resolve disagreements
- Developing networks and links locally to provide solutions to your individual queries
- Signposting to other professionals and organisations that may be able to help you.
Services we can offer groups:
- Workshops for young people and parents and carers
- Drop-in advice sessions for young people and parents and carers at schools, colleges and children’s/family centres
- Training to become a volunteer.